Did any of you get out to Rose City Comicon this weekend? Tell me what you thought – I’d love to hear how it went down. I was in the outskirts of hippie country, catching up with friends who are decidedly veering off the grid.
This week: hackers. You ever wanted to hear how security researchers work their magic, or what they’re interested in breaking (or fixing)? BSides PDX will definitely give you your fill – I’ve been to the past two cons and they’re a fascinating look inside the mind the of the hacker. Sometimes scary, always educational.
|This Week in my kind of PDX fun|
|· Tues Sept 24th: Portland UX Happy Hour “Combo meal with PDX Web & Design” (Calagator)
· Tues Sept 24th: Internet of Things Meetup PDX “The $1K Hardware Contest and Oregon’s Plans for a Hardware Incubator” (Meetup)
· Wed Sept 25th: Lean Coffee (7:30am) (Calagator)
· Sept 27-28th: BSides PDX Annual Security Hackers Gathering (EventBrite)
· Fri Sept 27th: Flux Feminist Hackerspace Grand Opening (Calagator)
|On the Radar|
|· Wed Oct 2nd: CHIFOO “Finding and Measuring the Awesome in Education” (Eventbrite)
· Sat Oct 5th: PDX Code Retreat – Fall 2013 (EventBrite)
· Tues Oct 8th: UX Book Club “The UX Team Of One” by Leah Buley (Twitter)
· Oct 7-12th: Design Week Portland – just ignore the horrible gimmicky page design, I’m sure there’ll be some talented designers featured there
· Jan 11th 2014: Portland Code Camp 2014 (EventBrite)
· March 2014: CHIFOO talk “Show, Don’t Tell: Storytelling Experience Design in Modern Comic Books”